1/2 Photos of Easy Jamaican Pot Roast
4 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
My friend Clint gave me this recipe, I've changed it slightly, This pot roast is wonderful served with Rice & Peas, roasted potatoes and the spicy gravy it cooks in. Put it on the stove and sit back and relax. For a hot n' spicy roast add 1 pepper, for a spicier roast add 2 peppers and for the (on fire) spiciest roast and gravy add 3 peppers but Please beware ... THESE ARE HOT!...I kid you not. Scotch bonnet peppers are also known as habaneros.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2-4 lbs roast (cross rib, rump, blade, or fatty round)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (may substitute margarine)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, sprigs or 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -3 scotch bonnet pepper, small hot colourful peppers chopped finely, discard seeds (use gloves to handle or make sure to wash your hands VERY well after finishing with peppers...don't )
- 1Put oil into dutch oven or cast iron pot and heat on high until hot and smoking.
- 2Add roast beef and sear on all sides, till well browned.
- 3Lower heat and season roast with sea salt, paprika and thyme.
- 4Add garlic, onions, tomatoes and hot peppers together, mix well and add to pot with roast.
- 5On top of roast and along the sides.
- 6Cover and cook on top of the stove on low heat for 3-4 hours, baste often with juice in pot until meat is tender and falls apart with fork.
- 7Thicken spicy gravy and serve over hot rice or roasted potatoes and slices of the pot roast.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Jamaican Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.8
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 254.0 mg
- Sodium 883.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 86.8 g