Recipe by chef FIFI
This recipe came from Gold Medal Flour. You can use any flavor jam or preserves you like. These are good for a light snack, or with tea and coffee.They are in between a scone and kolacky in flavor and texture. *Note this recipe has been updated. 1 Egg was added to recipe list*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup of any flavor jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- powdered sugar, sprinkled on top
Directions See How It's Made
- You can either hand mix or use a blender to combine butter, egg, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
- Then hand mix flour and baking powder until a dough forms.
- Pat dough into a greased and floured 13x9 pan. If dough is too sticky, just put into the refridgerator for 15 minutes and chill. Then it will be easier to work with.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon start 3/4 inch from the short side of the pan and make a 1/2 inch wide groove that is about 1/4 inch deep.
- Make about 8-9 grooves 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Fill grooves with a tbsp or less of preferred jam.
- Put in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top.