Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this yet. Found it in a quick-n-easy soup book. I thought the pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce was interesting and different.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 16 frozen cooked meatballs
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- In large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add pasta and meatballs; return to a boil. Cook 7 to 9 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Do not drain.
- Add spinach and pizza sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- If desired, sprinkle individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese.
Thank you for posting this. I had that cookbook as well but I've lost it at some point. I used to make this soup all the time. It was a big favorite at office potlucks. I never made enough. No matter how much I took they gobbled it all up. The flavor of the meatballs obviously has an affect on the taste though so make sure you're getting good frozen meatballs. Also, I don't think the grated parmesan cheese is optional. It really adds to the flavor. Serve with a crusty buttered bread too for dipping. :-)
This goes together really fast and is actually quite good! I'll be making it quite often!