Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can change this recipe to suit your taste..substitute 1 cup each thinly sliced red and green peppers for 1 cup each of the squash and zucchini.
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 (27 1/2 ounce) jar light pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced halved yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced halved zucchini
- Mix mostaccioli, sauce, 1 cup of the cheese and vegetables.
- Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I liked the recipe, but I didn't have many of the ingredients on hand, so I used rotini for the pasta, and for the veggies, I used red pepper, cucumber, and onion. (I really liked the red-white-green for an Italian recipe.) I also added a clove of garlic, some Italian seasoning, and some Parmesan cheese. It turned out great! Thanks for the idea! :-)
This recipe was delicious and very easy! I will probably use it often as it has all of my favorite flavors. This time I made it without any modifications but it would certainly turn out well if you wanted to add any other vegetables. I was also thinking about throwing in some fresh basil.
I substituted in fat free cheese and high fiber rotini. Tasted amazing will definitely make it again and again.