1/2 Photos of Easy Italian Tomato Zucchini
1 hr 5 mins
This is easy and just so good! This recipe makes lots. The onions and garlic can be sautéed hours in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 medium zucchini, sliced with skin on
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 medium onions
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- 3Place the sliced zucchini evenly in the bottom of the buttered baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the zucchini.
- 5In a frypan, sauté onions and garlic in oil and butter until just lightly browned and tender.
- 6Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano and vinegar; heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- 7Pour the tomato mixture over the zucchini.
- 8Sprinkle with more grated parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 10*NOTE* 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese may be sprinkled on top the last 10 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Tomato Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 157.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g