Recipe by lilkittykt
This came from Diabetes Forecast magazine.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Very nice entree. I served it last night for dinner with crusty bread and it was one we'll have again. I added some mushrooms to the zucchini and used penne pasta as that's what I had. I felt the meat should be seasoned more and next time will use my garlic pepper seasoning on both sides of the chops before browning. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) well trimmed boneless pork loin chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (for seasoning chops)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- black pepper
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or 4 ounces regular spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the pork chops and sprinkle both sides with the rosemary (or oregano) and salt, cook the chops, turning occasionally, until well browned on both sides, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and zucchini slices, and continue cooking until the onions are soft about 5-6 minutes longer.
- Add the pasta sauce, stirring until it is well combined with the chops and vegetables, adjust the heat so that the sauce simmers gently and cook 6-8 minutes longer, or until the zucchini slices are crisp tender and the chops are just cooked through, tested in the thickest part with the point of a paring knife.
- Serve the chops and zucchini sauce mixture over the pasta.