Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Kraft Food & Family. this is a delicious stew inspired by the hearty italian flavors of minestrone.
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag stir fry vegetables
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- heat dressing in saucepan on medium heat.
- add sausage and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage.
- add broth, veggies, beans and tomatoes.
- bring to boil.
- stir in macaroni.
- reduce heat to medium & simmer 8-10 minutes.
- ladle into 8 bowls and top with cheese.
Wonderful Italian flavor! This was so easy to make. I used small rotini pasta in lieu of macaroni, personal preference... skipped the beans and added pepperoni instead to give it more pizza flavor. Boy did it ;) Great recipe that I will no doubt make again and again. Thanks for posting! (Made for 'Easy-Does-It' -- Photo Event)
I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor! It seemed too easy and quick, but this is the perfect recipe when you're hungry right now.
I made this out of my Kraft Food & Family mag. I've actually made it twice now. Sooo easy!! I used turkey sausage both times. My DH doens't like green peppers so I have used frozen green beans instead. I've also used chunked raw onion (added while browning the sausage) and frozen pearl onions and liked them both. I use multigrain macaroni also. DH also asked me to add a little tomato sauce the second time. Great with crusty bread! Will make this often.