When my children are home for the summer they always ask for grilled foods and Italian sausage subs are a great meal for dinners or lunch. Well making 6-8 is easy enough on the grill but then all the friends are here (LOVE THAT) so I need to make enough for 20-30. Came up with this easy way to do sausage and they do taste great.
- put italian sausage ropes in roasting pan large enough to fit amount you are making.
- quarter onions and put on top.
- cut green peppers into strips and throw on top.
- add water.
- cover pan with heavy duty foil and bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees (time varies depending on amount of sausage).
- once done, cut into roll length pieces.
- ***OPTIONAL-at this point I have thrown on a hot grill to put grill marks and sear skins.
- put on nice hoagie rolls, cover with peppers and onions
- (optional)add provolone or mozzerella cheese get a good napkin and enjoy!
- NOTES- easily reduces.
- sausage freezes and reheats well.
- onions and peppers are done fresh.