Recipe by Loves Food
This recipe is a one-pot dish that you will have time for your family!
Top Review by Melzzy652
This was a quick and interesting way on Making sausage and Peppers. I loved the potato idea thrown in it. This was put together very nicely and my kids loved it. Will make it again this is a keeper.. Thanks for posting...
- 7 sweet Italian sausage links
- 5 potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take a 13x9-inch baking dish coat with olive oil just a enough so sausage doesn't stick.
- Poke holes in all sides of the sausage and place in dish, bake for 1 hour until nice and brown, turning once.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks not to big, and place in a pot of water. when it comes to a boil, boil for 20 minutes or so until potatoes are soft but still firm.
- Cut thin slices of red and green peppers, onion and minced garlic. Set aside in bowl.
- When sausage is finished take out pan and pour in peppers, onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil until well coated and mix softly. Season with salt and cracked back pepper, thyme and garlic powder; mix softly.
- If you find that it is a little dry, add more olive oil (just don't saturate it).
- Place dish uncovered back in oven until peppers, onions and potato are brown, about 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with garlic bread or Italian bread!