1/6 Photos of Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
Little Bee's Note:
My Mom made these often when I was growing up and I have always loved them! I think this is the most authentic and traditional way to make these.Traditional Sausage and Peppers do NOT have tomato sauce! We always ate them on Italian sub rolls with mustard but you could eat these alone with good crusty bread on the side. This serves 8 and can easily be scaled down or increased depending on how many you want to feed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 hot Italian sausages (if you prefer) or 8 italian sweet sausage (if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 Italian rolls
- mustard (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium heat.
- 2Add the sausages and cook, turning frequently.
- 3You want them browned all over and this takes about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the onions and stir up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 5Then after another 2 minutes, add the peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- 6After lowering the heat cook for another 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.7
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.8 mg
- Sodium 1021.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g