Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from a Kraft recipe. Very easy and most definitely comfort food! Also easily adapted for healthier lifestyles!
- 3 cups farfalle pasta, uncooked (bow tie pasta)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chicken stock cube
- fresh herb, to taste
- Start browning the sausage in a skillet. After a couple of minutes, add the peppers and garlic.
- Meanwhile, start cooking the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- When the sausage is cooked and the peppers are softened, add the spaghetti sauce, crumble in the chicken stock cube and if preferred, some herbs or italian seasoning.
- Simmer the sausage mixture for at least 5 minutes, until the pasta is ready.
- Add the pasta to the sausage mixture in the skillet and stir. Top with the cheese. Continue warming until the cheese has melted (you could use a broiler/ grill to melt the cheese if, like me, you use low fat cheese and it takes a while to melt!).
Great recipe. I need more fast delicious recipes like this one. I used Parm cheese as I did not have mozzarella cheese but it still turned out wonderful. I will definitely make this again.
This was good and easy to make. I used all green peppers becuase that is all I had and added some parm cheese along with the moz. I forgot the bouillon cube. We all enjoyed this.
We enjoyed this so much! I liked that it was quick to the table. Thanks, Shuzbud! Made for 123 tag.