Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a recipe that is easy to make from ingredients that are often in the fridge/ storecupboard. If it is served straight after the minimum 30 minute chill time, you may find that there is a lot of dressing in the salad- this is so that it doesn't dry out if it is stored in the fridge for a few days. Serves 4 as a side dish but this would also make a good take-to work lunch or potluck dish.
Top Review by KPD
this was really tasty! i made this for my dd and i for lunch today. the only changes i made were to use penne and bowties, a spoonful of capers instead of black olives and i used both yellow and red bell pepper. we thought this was fantastic! i'm sure it'll taste even better as a side dish for dinner tonight, given some marination time, even thought it was super flavorful to begin with! made for zaars stars tag! will post photo this evening, although i have to say, i'm a wee-bit embarrassed considering how lovely all your photos and default photo look! ah well!!
- 2 cups dry pasta (I use fusilli)
- 8 large slice salami (4oz)
- 10 -15 black olives
- 1⁄2 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomato
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, very finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 10 -15 leaves fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the salami into strips. Slice the black olives and dice the sundried tomatoes and bell pepper. Set all these ingredients aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Whisk with a fork (or whisk) until they are completely blended and the dressing is a uniform colour throughout.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the dressing and mix.
- When the pasta is cooked to your liking, remove it from the heat. Drain it and rinse it in cold water until the pasta is cold. Drain it again.
- Add the cooled pasta and the chopped ingredients to the dressing in the bowl. Stir well to mix the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- Just before serving, scatter chopped fresh basil leaves over the top.