Recipe by Cook4_6
Big fan of salad wedges, and if you miss the customary blue cheese found in a wedge crumble some on top!
- 1 (3 ounce) package pancetta, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pinot grigio italian wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded shredded Montasio Stravecchio cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, riggiano
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp (4-5 minutes); drain on paper towels.
- In mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar and pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange romaine wedges on serving plates. Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over center of each wedge. Sprinkle onions over wedges and drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with pancetta.