Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I came up with this after looking at everyone else's recipes and realizing I was missing at least one ingredient for every one I wanted to make. The result was the following and my family loved it.
- 4 lbs bottom round beef roast
- 8 ounces balsamic vinaigrette or 8 ounces olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- italian seasoning
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Pour dressing on top and then sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for about 10 hours.
- Remove meat from au jus and shred or slice.
- Place meat back in juices and sprinkle top with Italian seasoning; stir.
- Serve on toasted kaiser rolls.
I had a Pike's Peak Roast, a cut I had never done before and chose to make it this way because I thought the cut would benefit from a slow roast. Well the good news was that I loved this and thought it was fabulous especially served on rolls with a slice of provolone cheese. The bad news was that I was the only person in my family that felt that way. :-( I used a commercial dried tomato balsamic vinaigrette and it was simply smashing. I may try this again with the family; sometimes things just grow on them. I also might try serving it over rice or noodles because the sauce this stuff lives in is unbelievably good. Thanks, Karen, for sharing this tasty idea.
Loved it! -and so easy. Wonderful flavor. I halved the recipe and almost overcooked the roast! I'll make it again using a 2 lbs roast and check the meat at about 6-8 hours.
My family absolutely loved this recipe! The beef is sooooo tender. Scrumptious on the Kaiser rolls with cole slaw!