Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is something that I made for a feed the homeless event that my husband was involved in. The salad is not to heavy and can also be taken out into the heat without worry of it going bad because there is no mayo in it.
Top Review by Merlot
This makes a perfect summer meal and a great way to use up those garden fresh tomatoes. It's a versatile dish as you can also add any left-over cubed cheese, slices of pepperoni, etc. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing this winner, MizEmerilLagasse.
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, cooked al dente
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 3⁄4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup wish bone romano basil vinaigrette (or your favorite italian dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese