Recipe by Sugar Plum
This recipe is so easy and so yummy. We have it often at my house on those busy weeknights when I'm just too tired to get crazy in the kitchen. I usually serve this dish with cottage cheese and garlic bread as sides. It's my 16 year-old, pasta-loving son's favorite! We hope you'll love it too! OPTIONAL: You can add 1 pound of browned and drained hamburger or Italian sausage or throw in some pepperoni slices if your family likes it meaty!
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) sauce jar filled with water (and a splash of red wine if you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 16 ounces penne or 16 ounces ziti pasta or 16 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (Italian-blend is tasty)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredients, except the cheese, into a sprayed 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Stir in 1/2 the shredded cheese and top with the other 1/2.
- Return to oven just until the cheese on top is nice and melty.