Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so easy and so yummy. We have it often at my house on those busy weeknights when I'm just too tired to get crazy in the kitchen. I usually serve this dish with cottage cheese and garlic bread as sides. It's my 16 year-old, pasta-loving son's favorite! We hope you'll love it too! OPTIONAL: You can add 1 pound of browned and drained hamburger or Italian sausage or throw in some pepperoni slices if your family likes it meaty!
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) sauce jar filled with water (and a splash of red wine if you like)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 16 ounces penne or 16 ounces ziti pasta or 16 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (Italian-blend is tasty)
- Stir all ingredients, except the cheese, into a sprayed 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Stir in 1/2 the shredded cheese and top with the other 1/2.
- Return to oven just until the cheese on top is nice and melty.
fantastico! thank you so much for sharing. this was exactly what i needed on a busy day!
Had this for dinner last night and for the main reason as it looked like something EASY to throw together on a tiredsome weeknight, and guess what.... it WAS. My boys are meat lovers so I opted to cook with ground italian sausage. I only had 12oz penne pasta, but it turned out to be the right consistancy to our liking....not too dry and not too saucy, I also used 2 rounded tsp o italian seasoning, 2tsp garlic powder (garlic lovers) and added 1tsp salt. We ALL loved it, even the picky eater in the house who really only has a passion to eat pizza, chicken nuggets, or fish sticks. Thanks again forthe quick and easy dish it will definately be on regular rotaion here.