1 hr 45 mins
This is the best lasagna I have ever had. And since you don't actually make the sauce, it is very quick and easy to make. You can even make it the night before and then just heat it up when you're ready. It's the BEST!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lasagna noodles
- 3 (26 ounce) jars classico pasta sauce with mushrooms and olives
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb Italian sausage (in casing)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 3Combine ground beef, pork and onion in skillet and cook until brown, drain fat.
- 4Combine browned meat, garlic, sauce, and all seasonings and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Cook Italian Sausage and sliced into thin pieces.
- 6In a large bowl combine eggs ricotta cheese, parsley and 1 cup mozzarella.
- 7Spray sides and bottom of 13 by 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 8Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce mix into the bottom of the baking pan and spread evenly.
- 9Place a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the meat sauce mixture making sure to evenly cover the entire pan.
- 10Next, layer 1/4 of the ricotta mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- 11Then, add a layer of the thinly sliced Italian sausage spaced 1-2 inches apart.
- 12Finally sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella and parmesean on top of the sausage. Repeat this layering until all of the ingredients have been layered into the pan.
- 13Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- 14Make sure the foil is not touching the cheese.
- 15Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- 16Allow lasagna to sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 17Serve with garlic bread and a salad and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 975.5
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 1723.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 60.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pasta sauce with mushrooms and olives
dried Italian seasoning