Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
TOTALLY healthy and delicious, TRUE! Creativity can be up to YOU! Colourful, easy...people will think you did slave, HOPE your review is also a rave!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 177.48 ml cornflour
- 73.94-88.74 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 44.37 ml oil
- 14.78-19.71 ml garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 425 g tomatoes
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 14.79 ml lemon rind
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml black olives
- 177.44 ml sliced mushrooms
- COMBINE cornflour, dried italian seasoning (i.e. oregano, parsley etc.)and pepper in bowl or ziplock bag.
- SLICE chicken breasts in half lengthways and then in 2 to 3 pieces across;.
- FLOUR chicken; shake excess off before.
- HEAT pan; then add oil; BROWN chicken and REMOVE.
- Saute garlic, onions, mushrooms and red or green pepper until SOFT.
- ADD diced zucchini, can of diced tomatoes with juice, red wine, lemon juice, lemon rind and brown sugar.
- Bring to a BOIL, reduce to simmer.
- ADD chicken back into large pot on stove and simmer for 1 hour until chicken is tender.
- When done, add black olives and.
- NOTE: Recipe might vary depending on size of chicken breasts
- NOTE: Cornflour to Italian season should be 2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp ratio whatever total amount you use to coat chicken.
- NOTE: Also tried recipe by pouring sauce oven chicken and baking it on low in oven (120 - 150 degrees) and found while it was still tasty, it did not have the same taste/consistency as that done on the stove top.
- NOTE: I covered the chicken while simmering on the stove top but you might need to stir every now and then to make sure it does stick.
OK! This is like a hearty chicken stew. I made it with all purpose flour instead of corn flour because that is all I had. I have been eating low fat and low cal for a while now and have been looking for recipes that have lots of flavour but are still healthy. This is it! Exceeded my expectations and I will make again very soon! The only thing I will be changing is I will be adding more mushrooms and salt. Thank you so much for posting this wonderful recipe. My mother Loved it too!