1/2 Photos of Easy Italian Farmhouse Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
TOTALLY healthy and delicious, TRUE! Creativity can be up to YOU! Colourful, easy...people will think you did slave, HOPE your review is also a rave!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 12 tablespoons cornflour
- 5 -6 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 teaspoons garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 425 g tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1COMBINE cornflour, dried italian seasoning (i.e. oregano, parsley etc.)and pepper in bowl or ziplock bag.
- 2SLICE chicken breasts in half lengthways and then in 2 to 3 pieces across;.
- 3FLOUR chicken; shake excess off before.
- 4HEAT pan; then add oil; BROWN chicken and REMOVE.
- 5Saute garlic, onions, mushrooms and red or green pepper until SOFT.
- 6ADD diced zucchini, can of diced tomatoes with juice, red wine, lemon juice, lemon rind and brown sugar.
- 7Bring to a BOIL, reduce to simmer.
- 8ADD chicken back into large pot on stove and simmer for 1 hour until chicken is tender.
- 9When done, add black olives and.
- 11NOTE: Recipe might vary depending on size of chicken breasts
- 12NOTE: Cornflour to Italian season should be 2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp ratio whatever total amount you use to coat chicken.
- 13NOTE: Also tried recipe by pouring sauce oven chicken and baking it on low in oven (120 - 150 degrees) and found while it was still tasty, it did not have the same taste/consistency as that done on the stove top.
- 14NOTE: I covered the chicken while simmering on the stove top but you might need to stir every now and then to make sure it does stick.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Farmhouse Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning