Betty Lovestoeat's Note:
This is an easy and delicious recipe that I found in Shape Magazine. It's a filling dish that I whip up for a main dish but it can also be made as a side. This was Shape's vegetarian recipe of the month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 16 ounces edamame, shelled (i used one bag frozen)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- basil (to garnish)
- orange slice (to garnish)
- 1Slice zucchini into thinly sliced (1/4 inch) pieces, set aside.
- 2Dice red bell pepper and onion, set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-low heat.
- 4Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 5Add onion to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until pieces begin to soften.
- 6Add bell pepper, zucchini, and edamame. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Strain tomatoes, reserving juice (about 1 cup). Combine solid tomato chunks with vegetable mixture and stir.
- 8Whisk together reserved tomato and orange juice; pour over vegetables.
- 9Turn heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Add basil and toss together.
- 11Serve over brown rice and garnish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Italian Edamame
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g