Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is one of my favorite crock pot recipes. It can be easily doubled. Cooking time will depend on if you set the crock pot on high or low.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 1⁄2 cups hot cooked spaghetti (your choice) or 4 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes (your choice) or 4 1⁄2 cups polenta (your choice)
- grated parmesan cheese
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into 1-inch cubes.
- In a 3 ½ to 4-quart crock pot, combine meat, onion chunks, and bell pepper pieces.
- In medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, garlic,1/2 teaspoon of salt, oregano, and black pepper; mix and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- If using the low setting, turn to high and add the zucchini; stir well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot spaghetti, mashed potatoes or polenta. Sprinkle with cheese.
This is so very yummy!!! A very easy recipe to follow. I served it over rice. This is a keeper at my house.