Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is very easy because it takes mostly canned ingredients, It makes a big batch and the kids love it!
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth (I use bouillon to make the broth for this recipe, but regular is fine, just not as seasoned)
- 2 -3 cups water
- 8 ounces penne pasta (small shells will also work)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Heat broth and water to boiling. Add pasta as soon as boiling begins. (If using bouillon cubes don't add water until dissolved).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet and add chicken breasts, cook until browned.
- Add can of tomatoes to chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lower pasta and broth temp to Medium.
- Add canned ingredients, Italian Seasoning and chicken to broth.
- Simmer on medium for about 15-20 minutes or until pasta is the way you like it.
I followed the recipe (minus the corn) and it tasted very flat. Like chicken in water. I'm sorry to give it a bad review but it just wasn't good for us. Thank you for posting, though.
I feel so bad that I couldn't give this recipe more stars. It just didn't go over well with my family. I made as posted and it was very easy to put together. The flavor just wasn't what I was hoping for. It makes a large pot of soup. Thanks for posting!
This review is for PAC Fall 06. This a a very nice soup. It goes together quickly and tastes very good. It made a great lunch on this very cool, gray and damp day. I found it to be a lovely warming dish. The only thing I would change is the corn. It wasn't bad but I think it was out of line with the olive oil, garlic, pasta and tomato theme. Next time I make this I'll leave the corn out. Oh! and I used "little ears" pasta. This is an easy to enjoy recipe.