Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this a lot before I found Zaar. This pie is from Bisquick's easy and delicious recipe book.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded Italian cheese or 1 (4 ounce) package pizza cheese or 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 9-inch pie pan.
- Stir chicken, bell pepper, and pizza sauce in pie pan; arrange evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was a GREAT and easy weeknight dinner! I could see doing a mexican spin on this too. With a glass of red wine and a green salad for dinner it was just lovely!
Easy is right. This was thrown together in no time and by the time the salad was made and table set, dinner was ready to be served. I used shredded swiss cheese and Italian Cooking Sauce Mix in lieu of the pizza sauce.
Most excellently easy to fix! Good flavor, nice texture, quick prep, quick cook time. I'll definitely be making this dish again in the future!