Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Serve over warm toasted Italian or sour dough bread. Add a dash of parsley to make this dish an attractive meal at any dinner party. Serve over whole wheat pasta, traditional pasta or gnocchi to turn this meal into the perfect Sunday dinner. Turn the leftovers into a chicken and potato Italian sandwich. Drain the majority of the thin juice. Place on toasted sour dough bread, add mozzarella cheese and a dash of fresh basil. Bake until the cheese is melted. Serve over ready made garlic croutons.
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup of chopped portabella mushroom
- 1 lb of cubed boneless skinless chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 red potatoes, washed cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- chopped fresh basil
- Combine chicken broth, spaghetti sauce, potatoes, onion, red pepper, crushed tomatoes, basil, chicken and mushrooms into a slow cooker. Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Add the ½ of the mozzarella cheese (4 ounces) and gently stir.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmigiano-reggiano cheese and serve immediately.