Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Nice change from your normal burger; a real kid pleaser! Fast and easy.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 8 slices Italian bread
- Mix the ground round, spaghetti sauce and onion.
- Shape mixture into four patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Set oven to broil.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops about 3 inches from heat for 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese.
- Broil about 1 minute more or until beef is no longer pink in the middle and juice is clear.
- Serve between bread slices, with additional spaghetti sauce, if desired.
Delicious! The marinara sauce mixed in with the hamburger, really gives it a wonderful "deep" sort of flavor. This will definitely be one of my repeat recipes. Thanks!