Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
So easy to toss into the crock pot in the morning. I cut up the meat and veggies the night before to make it even simpler. The meat gets nice and tender from the slow cooking. Great to come home to on a cold night!
- 907.18 g boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 396.89 g jar spaghetti sauce
- Trim fat from roast and cut into 1" cubes.
- Layer beef, onions, and peppers in crock pot.
- Pour spaghetti sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
This was a very simple weeknight meal. It had a "cacciatore" kind of flavor. We used both red & green peppers. I think next time we'll add some mushrooms and garlic as well. Thanks for sharing!
WOW! What a great beef stew, KeeWee! I did add some cubed red potatoes and baby carrots and use green pepper(what I had). Really liked the addition of the pasta sauce. Thanks for posting this great recipe!