Recipe by youngdovefarm
I adapted this from a recipe called "inside out chicken cordon bleu". I bought a small jar of pesto & sundried tomato sauce, which is a thick condiment, very tasty and strong flavored. This dish is great with some crusty Italian garlic bread and a salad.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (or your choice)
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce or 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, condiment
- 4 tablespoons capers
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350.
- put EVOO in baking pan.
- place well rinsed chicken breasts in pan.
- place ham slice on top of each breast.
- place cheese slice on top of each ham slice.
- place 1 Tbs of pesto/sundried tomato sauce/condiment on top of each cheese slice.
- scatter capers around pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Toppings of ham, cheese and sauce will be a little crispy.