Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I adapted this from a recipe called "inside out chicken cordon bleu". I bought a small jar of pesto & sundried tomato sauce, which is a thick condiment, very tasty and strong flavored. This dish is great with some crusty Italian garlic bread and a salad.
- heat oven to 350.
- put EVOO in baking pan.
- place well rinsed chicken breasts in pan.
- place ham slice on top of each breast.
- place cheese slice on top of each ham slice.
- place 1 Tbs of pesto/sundried tomato sauce/condiment on top of each cheese slice.
- scatter capers around pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Toppings of ham, cheese and sauce will be a little crispy.
Should this spill to the floor, I'd lick it off. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
This chicken recipe was absolutely amazing. I took a few of my own twists and would love to share, but the recipe on its own with no tweaks is probably just as great! I decided to butterfly my cutlets extremely thin and marinade them overnight in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I set up the chicken dish this morning, and let all the flavors layer together throughout the day. I put the chicken in a smaller size pan to give it a casserole type look. Then I baked it at 350 for 25 min. It was DE-Lish! So tender, moist and tasty. I recommend all people who favor Italian inspired dishes to try this out. You will not be disappointed :)