Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mmmmmmmm...had for breakfast this morning. Smelled soooo good baking. Yeah, it's pretty much a stuffed apple, but I like to be inventive in naming. It's a good way to get rid of extra cornbread, cake, etc (or even try using oats or granola). In tradition of my other recipes: Feel free to tweak to YOUR preference; just use me as a guide. Maybe this can even be microwaved for a quicker treat.
- 1 medium granny smith apple, washed and cored (or use any apple you so desire)
- 2 tablespoons cornbread, crumbs or 2 tablespoons cake crumbs or 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried fruit or 1 dates, pitted,chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sweet n low brown sugar substitute
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Get enough tin foil to wrap around apple.
- Sprinkle a little Splenda in middle of foil.
- TWO OPTIONS (pure taste preference): Mix other ingredients together and THEN stuff,*OR* LAYER ingredients in order given or whatever order you wish- feel the freedom.
- Wrap foil around apple, place on cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (no need to prep them in anyway) Bake for around 30 minutes or until soft and cooked to your liking.
- Kick back, enjoy, and (best of all) NO CLEAN-UP!
Yum. I made four of these for our dessert. Not very sweet but a nice baked apple.