Mmmmmmmm...had for breakfast this morning. Smelled soooo good baking. Yeah, it's pretty much a stuffed apple, but I like to be inventive in naming. It's a good way to get rid of extra cornbread, cake, etc (or even try using oats or granola). In tradition of my other recipes: Feel free to tweak to YOUR preference; just use me as a guide. Maybe this can even be microwaved for a quicker treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium granny smith apple, washed and cored (or use any apple you so desire)
- 2 tablespoons cornbread, crumbs or 2 tablespoons cake crumbs or 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried fruit or 1 dates, pitted,chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sweet n low brown sugar substitute
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Get enough tin foil to wrap around apple.
- 3Sprinkle a little Splenda in middle of foil.
- 4TWO OPTIONS (pure taste preference): Mix other ingredients together and THEN stuff,*OR* LAYER ingredients in order given or whatever order you wish- feel the freedom.
- 5Wrap foil around apple, place on cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (no need to prep them in anyway) Bake for around 30 minutes or until soft and cooked to your liking.
- 6Kick back, enjoy, and (best of all) NO CLEAN-UP!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Inside-out Apple Crisp For One
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown sugar substitute