Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pleases even the pickiest eater! Full of flavor, you won't miss the meat! VERY inexpensive and delicious. We're not always the healthiest eaters, but we love this healthy meal!
- 177.44 ml dry lentils (brown ones)
- 177.44 ml dry brown rice
- 946.36 ml water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes (or chicken, vegetable)
- 19.71 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Dump everything in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a little lower than medium and cook covered (just like rice) until done. I usually stir every 5-6 minutes, but you probably don't need to once the spices are mixed!
- Use just like regular taco filling.
Delicious! I dumped all the ingredients in my crock pot and cooked it on low for about 6 hours. It came out perfectly. Great recipe!
Good, easy, cheap, an all around great recipe to have in the arsenal. Mine came out a bit too salty, I'm sure due to variations in saltiness of the broth base. (I used mushroom, to keep it veg...) I'll definitely make this again.
So easy! We throw everything in the crock pot and it comes out beautifully. Thanks for posting.