Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Breast of Chicken Indonesian Style Excerpted from The New York Times Chicken Cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/4 pounds
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, turmeric, coriander and garlic.
- Blend well so that the pieces are well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the pieces in one layer without crowding over medium heat.
- Add the pieces of chicken and cook until browned on one side.
- Turn the pieces and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Cook until done.
- Serve with rice.