Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
My husband's aunt owns a restaurant in South Sioux City Nebraska and this is how she prepares her's.
- Thaw bread dough until workable.
- Combine hamburger, taco seasoning and pinto beans and cook until meat is done.
- Remove meat and beans from heat and let cool.
- Shape bread dough into the shape of a silver dollar pancake (maybe a little bigger depending on your appetite and frying pan).
- Place dough in fryer and cook on each side until golden brown (not all parts of the dough will get brown).
- Remove bread from grease and place on paper towel.
- Top bread with taco meat and beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, olives, guacamole, hot sauces whatever you like.
Delicious! The recipe for the hamburger/bean mixture was the perfect base for my no fry bread indian tacos. I used low calorie pita bread instead to make this a lower calorie and fat version of Indian Tacos.