Recipe by Earthymom
This is a super quick and easy way to use left over rice and veggies. My kids used to love this for breakfast, too. You can use any vegetables you like. I can't remember where I found the original recipe -- but I adapted it and have used it for at least 20 years now!
- 1 1⁄2 cups left over cooked rice (you can use more)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons indian curry powder (increase to 3 Tbs. if using a common American brand)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (or other vegetable you have on hand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stir-fry pan or wok saute onions and garlic in about 1 Tbs. oil over medium to medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- Mix in curry powder and cayenne.
- Gently stir in the left over rice.
- When the rice is thoroughly mixed with the onions and spices, push the rice to the side of the pan, creating a "hole". Add the two eggs to the pan.
- When the bottom of the eggs have begun to set, start stirring the egg to keep it from sticking. Some of the rice will start to fall into the egg mixture, that's OK.
- Thoroughly but gently stir the rice and eggs until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- My kids especially enjoyed this with a spoonful of plain yogurt.