Punky Julster's Note:
The curry flavor shines through without masking the well-balanced flavors of all the other ingredients. BHG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 1In a medium saucepan cook the onion and celery in hot butter or margarine until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder.
- 2Add the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 3Stir in the tomato juice and cooked chicken; heat through.
- 4If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Indian Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 466.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g