Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The curry flavor shines through without masking the well-balanced flavors of all the other ingredients. BHG.
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- In a medium saucepan cook the onion and celery in hot butter or margarine until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder.
- Add the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the tomato juice and cooked chicken; heat through.
- If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot rice.
I have never cooked a cury before and found this very easy. It is a good base to build on.
I've made this recipe before; I found it in a Betty Crocker cookbook. It's worth trying! I accidently used tomato suace instead of tomato juice & it works fine. I would suggest playing with some additional indian spices like turmeric to give it a little more bang. It's easy & delicious!