Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice light biscuits and quick too. Give 'em a try.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, place flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Put oil then milk into a 1 cup measure, don't stir.
- Pour directly into flour mixture. Stir with a fork.
- Roll and cut into circles.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in 450 degree oven till golden.
I threw all this stuff in my mixer and pressed them out by hand, they were great.
Nice recipe, but I use Olive Oil because it is healthy. Giving 4 stars instead of 5 because of the Canola oil. Canola oil is from the rapeseed plant and is not a healthy oil.
These biscuits are pretty darned good. I added some powdered sugar because I like my biscuits a little sweet. As other reviewers have done, I made a smaller batch and also used my hands to form the biscuits instead of rolling them out. My first attempt came out a little mushy on the inside because I baked them in my toaster oven. The second time I reduced the temperature to 425 degrees and they came out much better. This is definitely going into my cookbook for when I need biscuits in a hurry. Thanks so much for sharing.