Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Coffee is a brewed beverage prepared from the roasted seeds of several species of an evergreen shrub of the genus coffea. The two most common sources of coffee beans are the highly regarded Coffea arabica, and the "robusta" form of the hardier Coffea canephora. Coffee plants are cultivated in over 70 countries, primarily in equatorial Latin America,South east Asia,Maldives, and Africa. Once ripe, coffee "berries"are picked, processed, and dried to yield the seeds inside. The seeds are then roasted to varying degrees, depending on the desired flavor, before being ground and brewed to create coffee. In the United States, September 29 is celebrated as "National Coffee Day"
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (eg,Nescafe)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- In Mixer jar, combine instant coffee, sugar , water,milk.
- Cover the jar and switch it on for mixing ,until it is foamy.
- Pour into a glass full of ice. Fill the glass .
- Adjust to taste if necessary.
Made this iced coffee this afternoon for a nice pick-me-up. : ) The only change I made was to use Truvia natural sweetener vs. the sugar. Will definitely keep this handy. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.