Recipe by PaulaG
The recipe is from Kraft and makes making summer time treats a snap. The original recipe calls for Chips Ahoy! Real Chocolate Cookies. The cooking time is the time for freezing the ice cream and made sandwiches.
Top Review by Let's Cook Lisa!
Awesome anytime! I made some huge chocolate chip cookies to make these. I used french vanilla ice cream and decorated with crushed M&M's, mini chocolate chips, and crushed butterfinger candy bars. The kids went crazy when they saw the platter coming out to poolside for them to snack on. I will make some ahead so we can grab them out of the freezer when the mood strikes!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 30 chocolate chip cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the ice cream and 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts; freeze 20 to 30 minutes or until firm enough to hold its shape.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice cream/peanut mixture onto the bottom side of half the cookies; cover with the second cookie, top side up.
- Roll the edges in remaining chopped peanuts, place on tray and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from tray and wrap in plastic wrap, return to freezer.