Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The recipe is from Kraft and makes making summer time treats a snap. The original recipe calls for Chips Ahoy! Real Chocolate Cookies. The cooking time is the time for freezing the ice cream and made sandwiches.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 30 chocolate chip cookies
- Mix together the ice cream and 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts; freeze 20 to 30 minutes or until firm enough to hold its shape.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice cream/peanut mixture onto the bottom side of half the cookies; cover with the second cookie, top side up.
- Roll the edges in remaining chopped peanuts, place on tray and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from tray and wrap in plastic wrap, return to freezer.
Awesome anytime! I made some huge chocolate chip cookies to make these. I used french vanilla ice cream and decorated with crushed M&M's, mini chocolate chips, and crushed butterfinger candy bars. The kids went crazy when they saw the platter coming out to poolside for them to snack on. I will make some ahead so we can grab them out of the freezer when the mood strikes!
Wonderful easy treat. Made these for a Bible study and they were a hit- used HEB Bakery cookies in MM and Choc chip. And of course being from TX have to use Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream. Super fun and so good ! Quick go to dessert for suprise dinner guests !
What a treat for the family tonight. The kids had friends over and even one said "boy are ya'll lucky to have a mom who makes desserts like this!" (Yes she said ya'll :) ). A great treat for us all. I used "Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies" for the cookies as I don't purchase store bought cookies. It worked perfectly fine. Thanks Paula for a special treat for us this summer! Tagged in Newest Zaar Tag game.