Tired of regular birthday cake try this one. It really is good, fun and not that much more work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the cake according to directions in two 8" round pans.
- 2While cake is baking let the ice cream soften a bit.
- 3Spread ice cream, about 1/2 inch thick on buttered cookie sheet, if you can form about the same size as the cake.
- 4Place in freezer until frozen well.
- 5When cake is cooled completely (very important) cut each layer in half with long knife.
- 6Carefully separate layers.
- 7Place the ice cream in the middle of each layer of cake.
- 8So it is cake, ice cream, cake.
- 9Place in freezer about an hour.
- 10Remove from freezer, frost bottom, place on second layer, frost.
- 11Place in freezer another hour.
- 12Frosting should be frozen.
- 13Wrap in plastic wrap till ready to serve. When you are ready to serve heat knife in hot water before cutting.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1111.1
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 663.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 135.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g