Recipe by Wildflour
Very, very good! I've been making this for so long, (15-20 years), that I don't remember where I got the recipe. But it HAS survived the test of time! :)
Top Review by Anonymous
Very tasty! I had a 4.3lb pork loin. I trimmed it really well and quadrupled the recipe in a large pot. Served over vermicelli, but it would be much better with egg noodles. I'm no chef (and I'm pregnant) but I almost wanted to add lemon or capers to it for a pop of acidity, or maybe a bit more salt, or maybe some gruyere cheese or something. Regardless, I don't regret quadrupling the recipe one bit! We'll have leftovers tomorrow and stick the rest in the freezer for later! :)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes, can sub top sirloin if prefered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdel monte original-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients, toss with meat.
- In skillet, brown meat in hot oil.
- Stir in tomatoes, undrained.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat or til meat is tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Remove 1/2 cup sauce mixture from pan, and combine with sour cream. Then return mixture to skillet, blend well.
- Heat through over LOW HEAT. DO NOT BOIL! Or mixture will curdle.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.