Recipe by Gina*S
This was printed in a local paper here in PDX. This is an amazing soup to serve with crusty bread on a winter day. It is also a wonderful topping for rice, pasta or meat.
Top Review by Shar-on
This soup is delicious!! I just finished making it and had to have some.I didn't have hungarian paprika so I used the regular paprika. I used frozen parsley, its almost like fresh. I don't think it will get to the freezer. It warms your inners...its good. A keeper!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chupped onions
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan melt butter and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add paprika, dill, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add milk, water, and mushrooms and bring to a near boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer (stirring occasionally) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce, lemon juice, sour cream and parsley.
- Serve warm.