1/1 Photo of Easy Hummus
I got this recipe from a Greek appetizer class I took right before the Athens Olympics. We all adored this hummus and it is so simple to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup regular plain yogurt (approx 6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to garnish (optional)
- cayenne pepper, to garnish (optional)
- pita bread, cut into wedges
- 1Toast cumin seeds in small skillet until aromatic.
- 2Reserve a few cumin seeds for garnish.
- 3Place remaining cumin seeds in food processor (or blender) along with chickpeas, ground almonds, garlic, yogurt, olive oil, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 4Process to form slightly grainy paste, or to desired consistency.
- 5Transfer to serving dish and let stand 30 minutes.
- 6Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne pepper and remaining cumin seeds.
- 7Serve with pita bread wedges.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 226.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g