1/1 Photo of Easy Hummingbird Cake (From a Boxed Cake Mix)
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this one a while ago in a random internet search. I messed around with the ingredients until I had a cake that made our family happy. It is loaded with pineapple, banana and cherries and the cherry juice gives it a nice pink tint so you could serve it to your sweetheart. I usually make it on the first day of spring (or when I have some bananas that need used up). I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxed white cake mix (DO NOT get the kind with pudding in it) or boxed yellow cake mix (DO NOT get the kind with pudding in it)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 10 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 1/4 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- 3Divide mixture equally between 2 greased 9" round cake pans.
- 4Bake on both pans on middle oven rack for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then remove cakes from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- 6Place one cake (the "bottom" one) on a plate and frost with cream cheese frosting, taking care to make it heavier on top.
- 7Place the other cake (the "top" cake) on top of the already frosted cake to create a layer cake.
- 8Frost the top cake so it blends with the bottom cake and forms a two-tier layer cake.
- 9NOTE: If the cakes are not flat on the top, use a long knife to cut the "baking bump" off so they are flat BEFORE you frost them. It will give them a more uniform appearance.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hummingbird Cake (From a Boxed Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 543.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 82.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice