Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cook everything separately and then assemble for a tasty vegetarian breakfast, brunch or even dinner! From Hatch Chile Company.
- 15 ounces hash brown potatoes, cooked (or substitute pan fried)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and heated
- 6 eggs, cooked your favorite way
- 1 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, heated (Hatch Huevos Rancheros Sauce)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (for a thicker sauce) (optional)
- 3 tortillas, heated (I crisped them in the panini maker)
- grated cheese (optional)
- black olives, chopped (optional)
- cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- cooked ham, chopped (optional)
- ground pork, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Lay one tortilla on each plate.
- Spoon on cooked potatoes, then pinto beans. Top with eggs, and then the rancheros sauce.
Wow these eggs are just terrific! So flavorful and hearty with the beans and potatoes. We really liked the green chilis in with the enchilada sauce too. I served with over-easy eggs for a great meal - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by Maito
Great combo! The addition of hash browns was a nice touch. I used the optional cheese for topping. The portions were generous - very filling. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 60
Holy cow, is this delicious! Going right into my best of the year cookbook. I think the green enchilada sauce with the optional chilies and the hash browns make this really special. You may have some extra beans and sauce leftover, but that's OK. We served this with corn tortillas. It was so yummy, I think I could eat it every day!