Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I was so tired of soggy skinned hot wings or too much vinegar in commercial hot wings, so I made this recipe up. I serve it with ranch dressing and sliced fresh veggies. Great to take to parties.
Top Review by GinnyP
My husband and I made this together and both loved it. We used Cholula Hot Sauce and Daniel's BBQ Sauce. The only thing we'll do differently next time is take the wings out of the sauce as soon as we've coated them. We left them in while we cooked the rest and it seemed like the sauce got oiled down and became separated. No leftovers tonight, however! Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce (or your preferred bottled hot sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings into pieces discarding tips.
- Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pre-heat cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- Slowly add 1/2 of the wing pieces to hot oil; fry until golden brown.
- In the meantime, in a large pan, melt the butter on a very low heat.
- Add bottled hot sauce and BBQ sauce.
- Keep sauce warm.
- Add the cooked wings to the sauce.
- Stir to coat.