Recipe by CookOnSunday
A recipe from my husband's family; it's fast, easy and very delicious. Whenever someone makes it, the bowl is swarmed until it's gone. We have also found it to be excellent on a burger. You can increase the amount of cheese or decrease the spinach to your own tastes, we found that this ratio is perfect for us.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost the spinach in the boxes on a plate in the microwave until thawed.
- Wring out the spinach in the boxes or in a mesh colander, remove as much liquid as possible.
- Chop the block of pepper jack cheese into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine the spinach and cheese in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on high until the cheese is melted. Stir often.
- When the cheese has melted, stir thoroughly and serve immediately.
- Re-heat as needed, but it probably won't last that long ;).