Recipe by kolibri
This recipe is from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello on Food Network. You may make this ahead and reheat. Make sure to either whisk it or blend it in a blender to make it light and foamy before serving.
Top Review by Dizwendy
The first time I made this, it was a little sweet for my taste. The second time, I decreased the sugar to 1/2 cup, and it was perfect! For an even yummier adult beverage, add a shot or two of Kahlua. To die for!!!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 vanilla beans or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, the best quality possible, grated
- 2 cups whole milk
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Split the vanilla bean and add to the boiling water. Add sugar, cinnamon, espresso, and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 1 minute and add the bittersweet chocolate. Whisk until it gets thick. Add milk and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with sprinkling of chili powder on top, and you can add a dollop of vanilla ice cream if you wish.