Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not sure where I got this one originally, but it's one that we used to make frequently. A quick and simple dinner. I've also used biscuit dough from a can for the topping when I was in a severly lazy mood!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can tomato soup, mixed with
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté beef, onion and celery'til well browned.
- Drain grease.
- Add vegetables and soup.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Place in a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend in shortening.
- Add milk and mix'til all is combined.
- Drop by full tablespoons onto meat mixture in baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Easy is the word here...wow, this was quick and reallyl good. Kids loved it, Mark loved it and I loved it! Thanks Ree'. This recipe is great and a wonderful new addition to my recipe file!!!