Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Have you always wanted a healthier version of the store-bought hot chocolates? Or are you just unable to go to the store and want an easy substitute? This homemade recipe will suit all your sweet cravings.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 marshmallows (optional)
- Heat milk. If you want, spare a 1/5 of the milk and froth it. Add it to the hot chocolate at the end.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon after milk is warm.
- Stir until steaming.
- Add marshmallows ( optional ).
Lovely thick, creamy hot chocolate, with a strong cinnamon flavor. We loved it. Quick and easy to make with flavorful results. I didn't have any marshmallows so I garnished with my favorite spiced whipped cream. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Easy as stated and tasty. It is strong with cinnamon, so if that flavor isn't your thing, I would start with less.. (I love it). Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
Superb! Very tasty and, more important, simple to do. Highly recommended!