Easy and delicious recipe for Chinese hot and sour soup. It can easily be made vegetarian by leaving off the chicken and substituting vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked
- 4 ounces chicken
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 ounces sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with water
- salt (to taste)
- hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1Squeeze all excess water from mushrooms and discard hard stalks.
- 2Thinly shred the mushrooms, chicken, tofu and bamboo.
- 3Bring the stock to a boil in a wok and add the shredded ingredients.
- 4Bring back to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute.
- 5Add seasonings to taste and bring back to the boil once more.
- 6Thicken with cornstarch paste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 479.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: