Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super easy hot and sour eggdrop soup with ingredients that you will find at home.
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 slices green peppers, slice so that it is round circles
- 3 -4 slices green chili peppers, depending on how spicy it is
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat water and cornstarch together.
- stir till cornstarch is dissolved.
- add all ingredients except for the the last three.
- bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- cook about 10 min till onions in soup mix begin to soften.
- add green pepper and chile.
- continue to simmer another 5-10 minute.
- while stirring soup slowly drizzle egg into soup (you may not need to use the whole egg).
- continue to simmer until egg is no longer raw.