Here's a tasty way to use up what's leftover after you strain the rice pieces from your horchata. For the horchata, I use a recipe like #67964, but I use brown rice and I add a handful of almonds. The pudding requires a little boost in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon since most of those flavors end up in the horchata.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1- Combine all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- 2- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- 3- Microwave on medium (50% power) for about 10 more minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add more milk if it gets dry before it's ready.
- 4- You can tell when it's done when there are no hard pieces of rice remaining. It will also be relatively thick.
- 5- Serve hot or cold. I like it cold with a spoonful of Nutella -- yum!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Horchata Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 36.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g