Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a tasty way to use up what's leftover after you strain the rice pieces from your horchata. For the horchata, I use a recipe like #67964, but I use brown rice and I add a handful of almonds. The pudding requires a little boost in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon since most of those flavors end up in the horchata.
- 1⁄2 cup rice (partially ground and flavored by the horchata-making process)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk (or any other kind of milk or milk substitute)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
- - Combine all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- - Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- - Microwave on medium (50% power) for about 10 more minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add more milk if it gets dry before it's ready.
- - You can tell when it's done when there are no hard pieces of rice remaining. It will also be relatively thick.
- - Serve hot or cold. I like it cold with a spoonful of Nutella -- yum!